Monday, January 3, 2011

Girl

I'm in a tough spot. This friend I have doesn't appreciate what she has. I'm not saying I'm awesome or anything but she's always searching for something more. More excitement, wanting to be on the "inside" of everything. She thinks she's too old, when really she's perfectly fine hanging out with people of any age but is embarrassed to admit it. She's young, she's beautiful, she tries to put God first and she has friends but it's just not enough. I'm not saying its bad to dream, but it's not okay to look at what you have and deam it not good enough. This is all temporary, you know. Being here, isn't your forever. I wish she knew that when she does become the center of attention, the "in" girl, everyones party friend that she'll lose herself. She might be the first one called for everything, the comedic relief, but if her intention is to glorify God, she's not going to be able to. You don't know how alone you can be until you are in the "in" crowd. Bad company corrupts good behavior my dear. I don't know what you want, but what you have isn't that bad. I might strike you as a "loner" myself, but I'm okay with that. I have many friends back home, this isn't my home. It never will be. I never needed many friends, I never wanted to be the center of attention, and I'm okay not being called first... Why? Because for the most part I like who I am. Sometimes being on the outside is what makes you special. And as far as finding where you click, once you put yourself out there and like who you are, it won't be hard to find. You're focusing on all the wrong things, we should be focusing on God, not on finding that special guy, finding a place to fit in ... Our focus should be on finishing school, being independant and able to handle your own life. Finish school, God calls us to be the best we can be at what we are doing; Read your bible and find yourself. You're not happy because you don't know who you are. She's in there, she's growing up, don't be afraid to change but don't lose what you believe in, and who you are in Christ. There's a whole world out there, but you have to be ready for it. You have the confidence of a stallion, use it. This town is a hard town to be accepted in. Why? Because you don't party ... Why? Because you live for something much more, much more beautiful, that has already given you eternal life. Don't trade it for a world you're not part of. Make your world a world you want to be part of. And as for not being kissed goodnight, it will come. Not being excited, it will also come. Patience IS bitter, but its fruits are sweet. I don't want you to supress your emotions, because that's supressing you, but don't give up yet. Things change when you least expect it. I promise that you have a friend you can trust in me, but find the friend you can trust in yourself. Youre life isn't meaningless, and you'll never know how many people you've touched. Just give up the steering for a while, it's not healthy to constantly be in the drivers seat.

I don't want to insult you, I just want you to see what I see. I see a young girl searching, just make sure you're searching for the right things. It'll come, despite what you may believe, you are young, and you have signed on to live for a bigger purpose. I promise, it will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment