I'm painting this picture. It started off as such a beautiful painting. The colors, the characters, the scene told a beautiful story. Looking at that picture now, the colors are all wrong, the characters distorted and who knows what the scene really is. I don't know how to fix this abstract painting, but I know it looks nothing how it should. Who is responsible? Am I responsible as the painter? Are the colors responsible for running? What about the characters? Maybe they just never belonged there in the first place.
Should I crumple it up, throw it in the garbage and start over? This painting isn't perfect. I'm not perfect. My life isn't perfect and I'm not always right. Is that reason enough to just give up and start over again? Or is there something to be learned through it?
Could I have gotten it all wrong? Maybe. Could this be part of the bigger picture? Probably.
I guess the real task is to find the beauty behind the imperfect mess. To see what doesn't show right away. To understand the heart you can't see, and to trust the love you don't understand. This painting is beautiful, I just can't see it yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment